Friday, January 2, 2009

You should see the other guy…

I have an obsession. There is something that bothers me so much that when it is done, I automatically want to step in and fix it. That doesn’t happen for anything else; just this one slight obsession, or fixation rather, or possibly just the object of my happiness.


A tube of toothpaste needs to be squeezed from the end. It needs to be squeezed evenly each morning and night, and when the paste is detached from it’s origin, it needs to be wiped off cleanly, leaving no residue.

When one follows the bolded red letters stating that "FOR BEST RESULTS, SQUEEZE TUBE FROM THE BOTTOM AND FLATTEN AS YOU GO UP" one receives a tube that is beautiful, as follows:
When you don't, you get something a little more like this:

(This example is actually a great improvement, the owner of the second tube shown here, has been taught on many occasions that it is better to have a clean tube.
Hence she has taken steps to improve.)

Or

or even a cap like this:

(not the best picture ever but there is green toothpaste all around and in the cap!!!)

I plead with you all, please jut squeeze it from the bottom and flatten as you go.


4 comments:

Holly Janeen said...

oh my goodness.

that is all i can say.

mistakes for marion said...

This post's humanity makes it remarkable.

Camille said...

I re-flatten before each squeeze, but then squeeze from the middle. So every night my toothpaste sleeps in the medicine cabinet and it's all crinkled. You would hate me. But my lid is nice and clean.

✩Molly✩ said...

I am aware that we do not formally know one another, but I was very pleased that you, too, understand the importance of squeezing from the end of the tube. I believe that the way a person uses a tube of toothpaste says a lot a bout a person :) thanks for the post :)