Thursday, August 13, 2009

Why does love always have to be a fairy tale, can't it just be a tale?

I have never been a big believer in love.

I hope for love. I just don't believe in it. (It's a good thing I don't feel about God the way I do about love).

Don't get me wrong I know that there is love out there, I just believe that love is something sought after, worked for, and a long time coming.

I do believe in the Grinch.











I believe that one's heart can grow. I can like someone, get along with them, realize that we are compatible, and be with them long enough to see that we go well together. Through this process my heart will grow to love someone.

I also believe that as long as there is some sort of attraction between the two of us and we both have the same goals for this life, that someone can be anyone.

Love at first sight is a bunch of crap. There is just no way.

I just saw the movie "500 days of summer" and I loved it.
It was a love tale. Not a fairy tale. It showed how two people could be in what looked like "love", have it not work out, and move on with life only to end up happier than when they thought they were "in love".

Could you leave someone who adored you? Imagine he was the perfect guy. He loved you, remembered the silly little facts you would say in passing, surprised you with those little facts when you least expected, was at your beckoning call, let you do things your way without complaining. . . Through all of this, you know he is amazing but aren't sure if there is someone else you could feel more for.

Could you leave him?
For the hope of someone else?

I am afraid that I would be too inamorated to think clearly. Or to analyze the thought of someone else. He is so perfect. There can't be someone better. Why give him up and then end up alone?

Then, you have to think; if you never analyzed or worried about if this was TRUE love, then you wouldn't be sad to miss out on something else. You will never realize you are missing out.

Hmm, so through my thought process, it seems like if you marry someone thinking you're in love but there is someone else out there who could have made you happier, it wouldn't matter. You would never miss out if you put your whole heart into your relationship. Your heart would grow. Your initial size would possibly be smaller than with Mr. Perfect but the end size only depends on how willing you are to let your heart grow.

Just believe, in other words.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

..e voce disse tudo o que penso.. e mais um pouco.. amo vc filhuska!!! tudo vai dar certo!