Thursday, July 9, 2009

I need to fall into some riches!!!

When I was in the ninth grade, one of my teachers told a story of a teenager who wrote down a list of one hundred goals. I don't remember his point to the story, however, I do remember that afterwards he said "I was so impressed that this kid could come up with so many goals, I don't think I know any teenager who could do that."

I am always one to take up a challenge, so that night I went home and wrote down more than one hundred goals just to out do that kid in the story.

Chelsie's Life Goals (not in any particular order:

  • Take a calligraphy class
  • Continue playing the flute during all 4 years of high school
  • Read all the scriptures cover to cover with no interruptions; (not in one sitting, just without backtracking.)
  • Save money to buy a car
  • Do Family history work
  • Get a job
  • Always be a conscious saver (of money)
  • Go through the temple
  • Obtain a college degree
  • Stay friends with Lindsay and Alicia

  • Frequent the temple often
  • Serve a mission
  • Go to Rome and see the Sistine chapel.
  • Always remain an active member of the church
  • Go to Italy
  • Go to Egypt and see the pyramids
  • See an original work of Michael Angelo
  • Go to the Tokyo temple
  • Finish an entire scrapbook
  • Enter and win a contest
  • Get married in the temple
  • Have children {remember I was in ninth grade...}
  • Go to the Prom
  • Visit at least 100 temples
  • Play the flute in front of a lot of people (not in a band)
  • Get an "A" in biology
  • Learn to drive
  • Donate to a children's charity
  • Always remember my mom on her birthday
  • Teach kids the gospel
  • Have my own business
  • Always be a supporter for people
  • Never do anything to gain peoples distrust
  • Get my Young woman's medallion
  • Learn at least on song on the piano
  • Learn and enjoy to play a sport
  • Be an aunt
  • Enjoy watching conference
  • Learn to notice the Holy Spirit more
  • Don't judge so easily
  • Get a good tan
  • Become friends, not just sisters, with Hannah
  • Complete High School
  • Be in a play
  • Learn a bit of Spanish
  • Become a fast typer
  • Read the Ensign
  • Become a home owner
  • Be a grandma
  • Never do drugs {I laughed at this one!}
  • Always pay tithing
  • Be a young woman's leader {Oh I had the foresight so long ago!!!}
  • Serve in the relief society
  • Be a primary teacher
  • Do baptisms for the dead for some of my own relatives
  • Live in a different state
  • Live in a different country
  • Large or small, invent something
  • Write a song
  • Write a book
  • Get a masters degree {this was before I actually knew what college was like...}
  • Give a talk at a fireside
  • Bowl a game above 100
  • Don't drink
  • Don't smoke {I think I was stretching...}
  • Write a teacher I had as a child.
  • Have a story in a magazine
  • Get family photos taken regularly
  • Plant and keep a good garden
  • Find my best talent
  • Give a whole paycheck away to someone in need
  • Attend all of my child(ren)'s functions (plays, games, concerts...)
  • Go to Jerusalem
  • Go on a field trip with children {wow, I didn't realize I thought about children so much}
  • Cross stitch something
  • Become a good seamstress
  • Make a quilt
  • Feed a baby zoo animal (zoo is included to exclude dogs or cats)
  • Read the scriptures every day
  • Always say morning and night prayers
  • See a play in New York
  • Eat in a fancy restaurant in New York
  • Go to a talk show in real life
  • Volunteer at a hospital
  • Sub for a seminary class
  • get laser eye surgery
  • See conference in person
  • Make a habit of making my bed every morning
  • Learn to cook really good
  • Take singing lessons
  • take a pottery class
  • learn to draw, take a class
  • Have my own room and decorate it cute
  • Make my parents proud
  • Help restore someones faith
  • Be at all siblings weddings (the only excuse is if I am out of the country or in childbirth)
  • Visit Grandpa Jack and Grandpa Farnsworth's graves
  • Go to Disney world
  • Pay baby-sitters good
  • Arrange some flowers in a beautiful arrangement
  • Go to Washington DC
  • Scuba dive
  • Parasail
  • Skydiving
  • Go to Nauvoo
And there are more...

My little ninth grade mind was so weird, I came up with some pretty weird things but I am excited to one day do all of these things. I am surprised with how many of them I have already done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never miss a sibling's wedding unless you're out of the country or in CHILDBIRTH? Awesome. And also, pay babysitters a lot? Awesome. This is an inspiring post. I've been thinking about sharing some of my LISTS on my blog, and I think now I probably will. Copycat much?

Lindsey said...

LOVE this list! I feel so motivated-like i could go run a marathon!

Also, I'm impressed with how many of these you've already done!