Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I've gone green and red


Everything about the Christmas season makes me happy. As we know from a recent post.
So, I took it upon myself to decorate for Christmas. Yes, I know it has yet to pass halloween.
I have, however, decided that I am not a Halloween fan, I would much rather have three months of the Christmas season than one of Halloween and one of thanksgiving.

My motto isn't to just "go green" but to "go green and red!!!"

I have yet to put up the tree but there is a place awaiting the arival of the main focus. We have an old balding fake tree that we have used for 4ish years. Before that, we always had real trees. We have decided to go back to a real tree and infuse our house with the wonderful smell of fresh pine. This, however, is a feat since trees don't last too long. We have decided to get a tree from a nursery and plant it after Christmas but even a potted plant, will it survive the inside for that long?

Well, we shall just have to wait and see. But either way, I think I want to put tinsel on the tree. I always thought it was tacky, but I love how it looks in that picture of my childhood. I don't know though...?

3 comments:

Camille said...

I've always thought tinsel tacky, too, but you're right---it is just sparkly and beautiful in the picture.

I am always delighted to see pictures of little Chelsie---thanks for being so generous with them!

Oh, p.s. Happy Birthday night!

Alicia Faye said...

In my house if we even listened to a note of Christmas music before Thanksgiving we weren't allowed to have any turkey. I don't think it ever actually happened, but the point is that my mother would probably freak out if I even hinted at decorating for Christmas early because I would be "skipping" her favorite holiday. I'm happy that you are embracing Christmas so early though. I'm with you - I may or may not have listened to my Josh Groban Christmas cd yesterday - don't tell my mom :)

Alicia Faye said...

Hey beautiful! I never know where to respond to people's comments on my blog where they will see the response.
Anyway, the words "this song" were a link to a youtube video. Sorry to be vague. It was from "An American Tale" do you remember that movie?

And no, Lindsay's parents do not have a basement :)

Love you.