Thursday, August 14, 2008

Solitudely Single and I'm Happy about It

The big day is on the herizon. October 27th, 2008 I will turn 23 years old! I will be a mormon girl who is still single!!! I never believed that this day would come. I wished and hoped that such a day would come and it is so so so close. I go against the grain of salt when it comes to marriage. (Don't get me wrong it is a great thing and everyone should do it, i just don't see the rush!!!) I am sure that when the Lord sees fit for me to get married I will do it, but until then i am going to happily even frivolously take advantage of every opportunity that I have. Think about it, what girl who gets married right out of high school has been to 8 countries and 14 (soon to be more, at least Texas maybe more) states. Sure I don't have a job, money, a car, or a computer but people lived without those things for ice ages!!!

I am single and i am not sad about that.
All who are single should relish in the freedom and solitude that is inevitably going to be swiped away in one romantic fling.

I am, however, entering into a new form of singleness. It is the Solitudely single stage. Since I was old enough to know what single means until relatively recent, I haven't been alone as a single. I have had my 4 best friends always around me to cling to when ever needed. They have been such great supports in my life that through them and their support i was able to see that it will be just fine to remain single. No need to rely on a man. I mean who could ever rely on a man, ever. So lets put that as far away as possible. But now, all four of them are gone gone gone!!!! In my mind they have met undesirable ends, but they are happy so who am I to judge?

Let's look at Alicia.
We've been friends since that 12 year old Sunday school class of Brother Miller's. Our Friendship has had its high-frequency moments and it's low-frequency moments. But no matter if two months have gone by without contact we still know that we love eachother and there is a hug waiting when needed. She has decided that since we keep in touch so well living in the same city that she would go ahead and join that mormon sect in Utah. Yes, she has met her doom (doom=detachment from me!!) by enrolling in the fall semester at BYU. Which reminds me of a pack of hyenas saying Mufasa, oooooo, say it again... Mufasa, ooooo.



Keeping a chronological perspective, next let's look at

We've also been friends since 12/13 when she moved to mesa 22nd ward and went to Kino jr. high with me. Inseparable ever since.
But... Need I say freaking more? Just look at the picture!!!







We met Jr. year at Westwood and hit it off instantly. I think it had to do with our same logic on marriage, diet dr. pepper, traveling, ASU, and Mr. Wedge. Now, we are miles apart trying to make the statistics of long distance relationships change for the better. Needless to say Canada got the best of her and has yet to get the best of me. Or maybe it was Kyle that got the best of her and in that case it is a good thing he didn't get the best of me too!!




Now we have made it to "B". Since there are two lindsa/ey's in my life when referring to


she is referred to as "B".

We became good good good friends when she got home from China and Camille went to Canada for the first time. Neither Canada nor Kyle got the best of her, however "love" did. She is also getting married. We are going to pick up her fiance in Texas and then she will be with him constantly until October 24th, then afterwards it is like she will be dead to me.
So, inevitably after this weekend I will officially be starting the "solitudely" single stage of singleness. It has a lonlier haze to it but i am sure that It will be just as exciting as the surrounded single days. So, i am solitudely single and happy about it!




6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Haha! I love it! Sorry to 'leave you'... But I'm so glad that neither Kyle nor Canada got the best of me :o) And don't worry, you haven't seen the last of me yet!

P.S. I'm SO GLAD that I wasn't married when you yo home... just to help ease you in ;o)

Camille said...

Kyle is on my case to yyuse the computer so I didn't have time to read all of this but I will will will.~~~!!!

Kristi Kleisler said...

Hey- super sweet that you have a blog!! I am adding you to my list. Oh and we need to hang out, many a time Linds and I have talked about getting the three of us together since you've been home- it just hasn't happened!!
Check out my blog.

RatalieNose said...

My heart goes out to you!

Alicia Faye said...

Hey Chels!
Cute blog! Need I remind you that just because I am attending BYU does not mean that I am dead, married, quintessentially mormon, or otherwise cut off from previous friendships? I am merely living up the single college life. I also think you should join me, we could be fabulously single together. It would be amazing and you know it. Also, I miss my friends already, call me sometime.

Camille said...

Moving to BYU would not be amazing, Gus. Bad idea.

BUT!!! I forgot about mr. wedge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's amazing you remembered. And you know? I can't even remember his real name--or Umbridge's first name either. Funny how our high school minds remember the bad.