Friday, September 12, 2008

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."

Having to make a compromise with my beloved mother, I cannot decorate the house to create the yuletide ambiance, until November 1st, 9am mountain standard time. This puts a rather large damper in my Christmas spirit. You see, the last Christmas I was at home, I decorated before Halloween and loved it. Having had such a great experience I was planning the same for this first Christmas back home. I guess my mom has her reasons for not wanting the trick-or-treaters to see our Christmas tree and Christmas lights on all hallows eve. In all, I guess it is better because there will be a bridal shower at our house in October and the black and white theme would be thrown off a little with the large portrait of Ol' St. Nick.




I am starting though to listen to my Christmas albums, no body can stop me from that.



I only wish that it would get cooler. Then, It would really be like Christmas.

I was living in Brasil untill June of this year and the seasons are opposite there. So, it was starting to cool down a little (Sao paulo never really gets cold, at least where I was) a month or so before I moved back to Arizona. Everyone around me would make fun of me because I was always singing Christmas songs. I love Christmas time!!! Inevitably, due to the cold in may and June my Christmas schedule has been thrown off with my litte Christmas itch never giving up.



Today at Sam's Club, (a rival to COSTCO) they had a bunch of Christmas ornaments up and I got all giddy. Oh how I love that song, "giddy up, giddy up giddy up let's go. Let's go to the show..." eeeeeeee, really I can't describe how happy I am that Christmas is only one hundred and four days away. I should go to Canada this Christmas time so that I can see snow. It is about time I see snow fall from the sky.
(If I could make this post a scratch-n-sniff, it would have this scent. MMMMMM)

I can't even think rationally now that I have Santa, the reindeer, cider, eggnog, pumpkin pie, pine tree scent, cinnamon, brightly colored streets, cheerful music, and those wonderful "chime, chime, chime" bells that are in front of every store asking for change for some donation bank (united way?) on my mind. Oh, tis the season.

"A Marry Christmas to all,
and to all a good night!!!!"

3 comments:

lindsay said...

oh i still need to get you the Celtic Woman Christmas CD - you'd LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Camille said...

YES YOU DO NEED TO COME TO CANADA DURING CHRISTMAS TIME. Enough said.

Alicia Faye said...

Chelsie forget Canada(no offense Camille, truly)you should come to Utah and visit me instead! I'm much closer, and I will be all alone and freezing to death. We could watch sappy chick flicks and drink hot chocolate and take amazing snow pictures! It would be amazing!