Thursday, September 4, 2008

Who am I?

Stephen Covey has left me contemplating my life a lot lately. One thing that he has helped me to do, is identify my roles.

Who am I?
What are the roles that I will have in my life as Chelsie Akers?

I am a:

Daughter,
Sister,
Friend,
Traveler,
Student,
Employee,
Wife,
and Mother.


These are my roles. I am (or will be) these things. So what do I hope to accomplish with each of these roles?

Daughter- I will make my parents proud of who I have become. I will always have their trust. I will some day some how pay them back for all they have done for me; financially and physically.

Sister- Our relationship will strengthen with every passing day. We will learn from each other. We will each have active roles in each others lives throughout adulthood.

Friend- They will always rely on me. I will be a confidant to each of them. We will always have adventures to bring us close when we drift apart.

Traveler- I will see all 50 states in the United States of America. I will never turn down an opportunity to travel and get to know a new culture. Traveling will never leave my life.

Student- I will get a 4 year degree from college. I will continue learning throughout my whole life. I will learn from all situations earning an education through life not just a university.

Employee- I will only work where I am happy. I will work to grow, gain experiences, and have fun. I will give my all time best at everything possible in order to maintain my dignity.

Wife- When the Lord forces me, say "yes".

Mother- I will "multiply and replenish the Earth", someday...maybe.


This is who I think I am, but could that really be all I am? And can I really accomplish all of these things?

2 comments:

Camille said...

How profound, Gus. I hope you're having fun in Cali!

RatalieNose said...

I believe you can.