Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"...starving children in Africa..."

I remember always hearing "you are wasting that food when there are starving children in this world ?"



That is the the reason I don't like left-overs. They make me feel guilty. I feel guilt of throwing them out in the first place so, I keep them. Then after they have completely turned rancid in the fridge, I feel horrid that I didn't eat them. But, I am not responsible for any cooking at this point in my
life (yeah college life) so I am technically off the hook.

Poor Poor Poor Mothers!!!

I for one am glad that I am not a mother.

What the heck would I do with all those left-overs? I don't like left-overs (with the exception of restaurant left-overs). I don't like inventions made out of left-overs. I don't like to feel guilty for eating something new when there are more than a dozen Tupperware bowls filled with leftovers. And, the worst part of left-overs, is that when one decides to throw out everything in those looming tupperwares, the garbage smells so so so bad and sometimes is even leaky!!! YUCK!!!




I will leave the left-overs to all the mothers in the world and hope that I will never have to deal with them...

Waste not...want not!!!



1 comment:

Camille said...

You could be the kind of mother who wraps her leftovers in tin foil, and at the end of the week, just toss them without ever opening them. Wasteful, but at least you wouldn't have a leaky garbage. Though it wouldn't work with leftover stew. Just mashed potatoes and the roast beef.