Monday, October 13, 2008

The MIRACLE of Childbirth ?!?

Thursday October 9th, 2008 MY niece Rachel was born.



It makes me wonder why on earth anyone ever coined the phrase, "the Miracle of childbirth".





If I were to put miracle into a phrase it would be more
like;

The miracle of straight A's in college


The miracle of a car showing up on your doorstep full of gas,
keys in the ignition, and insurance papers with your name and already payed out for the next 3 years.

The Miracle of class canceled on an already busy day.


The miracle of seeing your breath in the air because Arizona finally got cold enough.

The Miracle of getting all green lights.

The miracle of a "get out of this speeding ticket free" card. (
Or many of those cards in my case)

The miracle of putting on a sweater or pair of jeans that already has 20 bucks in it.

The miracle of your best friend coming to visit.


The miracle of being able to understand one of the opposite sex.

Ohh and the list can just go on and on, but Childbirth would never be on that list. NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! Even after I have one, I will not change my mind on that one.

When I think of a Phrase with "childbirth" I think on different lines;


The pain of childbirth.

The hours upon hours of childbirth.


The agony of childbirth.


The inevitable day of childbirth.

Oh and there are many more however we'll keep this Blog Cuss word Free.




However, I do love my niece!!! She is adorable!!!












7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I once knew a girl who got pregnat and had a child. Her dad said that it was a miricle and she was tottaly indiferent. To her it was just another physical process, like digestion. I'll have to say that it sure doesn't look like what a miracle should look like. I'm convinced there is too much pain and agony involved, then there is the wife, ha ha.

Motorcycles, new wakeboarding tricks and great photographs are miracles. If you believe inthat sort of thing.

bRAD

Jami said...

Chelsie, I can't figure out why we aren't better friends? Seriously, I LOVE reading your blog, and everyone that I talk to that knows you is awesome, and tells me how awesome you are.
anyways, I feel sorta the same way. I personally HATE being prego. I don't think there is anything good about it. I like the child birth part, but only because I firmly belive in lots and lots of drugs.
But once I relized all that goes on in getting a baby here, I sorta saw the whole miracle part. But I kinda feel like the better miracle is GETTING a baby here safely.
anyways, the point is, that childern are hard stuff PERIOD!

RatalieNose said...

Love the post, love nieces, but umm what's with the bike at the bottom?

Chelsie said...

The bike is just me signing off.

Camille said...

Oh, this post made me laugh so hard. Of course you know I totally agree. My mom says my nephew is a miracle baby, and I am always like, 'Why? He's healthy. He's normal. No miracle there.' I mean, I love him, and he's adorable...but MIRACLE? Not so sure.

Liz said...

Hey Chelsie! You have a blog too! It's so crazy cause we live two houses away but we never see each other! I hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

The miracle is that God trusts us completly IMPERFECT mortals to nurture and raise his most perfect creation. It is a miracle and one that should be treasured and honored. Miracle of miracles are the children in our lives.
Granmama