Monday, October 6, 2008

Quirk #1

I will not lie. Well, I will for certain things, like things that could cause conflict, I will lie lie lie.
However, most everything else I don't lie about. So, I have decided to let you all know a little more about me. I have some weird quirks that I will let you all in on.

I love my bed, as we already know. I don't, however, like to make it. I will do anything it takes to not wake up and make my bed. To me it is so nice to just get up and forget about it. Making it just reminds me that I can't get back into it for a long time. There has to be work, school, social life (ha ha we all know I don't have that), family, . . . THEN I can get back into bed.

I have a solution to this problem. I make my bed at night. I do, right before I get into bed for a good (hopefully long) nights sleep I make my bed. Fluff up the pillow, make the sheets and comforter aligned, clear off anything left over from projects or from being plain un-organized, then I snuggle up into a nice comfy bed.

I think it is kind of weird but I can't stop it.

3 comments:

Camille said...

Well, at least you make your bed before you get in. I would go months without making my bed when I was living at home. Well, any time between washing my sheets, that is. I would NEVER make it, and if I ever did, I would sleep in one tiny corner of the mattress so I could wake up the next morning and just put it back to order. That would end in a few days, though, of course.

Anyway, now that I have a fancy set of bedding, (and mostly because PK gets all excited when I make it), I try to do it every morning. Sometimes I don't do it until right before he comes home from work, though. Just so he thinks I did it.

Jami said...

I am with camille, I NEVER EVER EVER made my bed before I got married. I to be completely honest I usally don't now...but Spencer LOVES it when I do, so sometimes I try. anyways, my kick on making my bed is the same with showering. Why do it, when I am just going to mess it up later on in the day.

Lindsey said...

I loke your philosophy Gus. And good call Jami, why shower if you're just going to get dirty again. Haha!